Our Global Offices
Method Studios is currently in search of a Production Coordinator to join its Production team.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for the assignment and tracking of tasks for assigned area of responsibility. They will facilitate the movement of shots between teams, coordinate daily reviews, and communicate status updates ensuring the delivery of shots on schedule.
- provides administrative support to the production management team and show supervisors.
- Under the guidance of the DP or DPM, schedules and tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in the production system
- tracks and maintains database of revisions, omits, and shot length changes; notifies the affected crew as needed
- partners with other Production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner
- follows up with artists on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule, communicating any scheduling changes to the appropriate Artists, Supervisors and Production team as needed
- coordinates all client deliveries, both physical deliveries and digital deliveries via FTP, with Production Services department
- maintains log of all deliveries
- manages meeting schedule and walkthroughs for Supervisors, taking and publishing notes for the team as needed
- responsible for setup of dailies and all client review sessions in the Screening Room and view stations
- leads nightly production update for assigned area of responsibility
- acts as primary point of contact for internal Editorial team
- completes reference research for elements for Supervisors
- oversees run requests and petty cash
- this is a cross-departmental position that will require management of pipeline issues, even across multiple Studios in liaison with other Production Coordinators
- minimum 3 years experience in visual effects production or feature animation
- BA or BS degree in film, art, communications, or related field strongly preferred
- strong comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and apps
- experience with some production tracking software and asset management software, preferably Shotgun
- must have experience with heavy schedule management in an extremely time-sensitive atmosphere
- demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments
- must be able to make decisions independently with a high level of ingenuity
- must possess a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, and analytical skill
- must have the ability to influence and coach others through effective communication and the promotion of a positive team environment
- must possess highly developed communication skills to facilitate interdepartmental needs and schedules required, exhibiting a consistent standard of excellence in all business communications
Features VFX ProducerDescription
Method Studios New York is currently in search of a Features Producer to join its Production team.
In this role, one will be responsible for supervising the daily individual artist assignments. This includes interviewing and negotiating with freelance artists as needed, tracking the daily progress on VFX shots, and pushing these shots through the studio pipeline from work-in-progress to Final.
- responsible for supervising the daily assignment of individual artists
- tracking and updating progress of VFX shots in company database
- COMMUNICATING with clients, Editorial, and in-house management
- meet budget a schedule targets
- maintaining adherence to set Production contract standards
- motivating the individual artist, as well as the team on the whole
- minimum 3 years VFX features production experience
- Bachelors degree or four-year college equivalent in a comparable field
- must have problem-solving skills and be a self-starter
- must be able to adapt to Production changes
- must take direction well
- must be detail-oriented, proactive, and well-organized, as well as able to grow and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Digital Matte PainterDescription
Method Studios is currently in search of Senior Matte Painter who will be responsible for painting photoreal environments and landscapes.
This artist will paint photo environments, elements, and textures for matching into live action plates or standing as their own matte painting plates.
Candidate must also have a sound knowledge and understanding of visual effects pipelines, production and implementation, as well as the ability to work well in a team.
- creating digital paintings of photo realistic environments based on concept art and/or photo reference
- painting photo environments, elements, and textures to match into live action plates or stand as their own matte painting plates
- integrating matte paintings into 3D environments using Maya and/or Nuke
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop
- A minimum of 4 years VFX industry experience working working as a digital matte painter in a feature film, TV, or commercials environment
- Experience creating digital paintings of photo-realistic environments based on concept art and/or photo reference
- Demonstrable experience integrating matte paintings into 3D environments using Maya and/or Nuke is beneficial
- Possess a strong understanding of light, colour and perspective
- Possess excellent artistic communication skills, as well as an excellent eye for detail
- Flexibility to produce concept art from scratch is a plus
- Solid knowledge and understanding of visual effects pipelines, production and implementation, as well as the ability to work well in a team
- A good understanding of 2D and 3D workflows within a feature film environment
- Knowledge of Vue software is a plus
- Knowledge of Maya and Nuke software is a plus
Linux Systems Engineer
Method Studios is currently searching for a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join its Technology team. The primary focus of this position is in Linux network architecture and infrastructure engineering.
- Strong scripting in one of more of the following: Bash, Perl, Ruby or Python.
- Any candidate needs to be strong in Debian/Ubuntu (preferable) or Redhat/CentOS.
- Experience with one or more automation technologies (Puppet, Chef, Cfengine, Salt or Ansible).
- Modern methodologies such as DevOps and/or Agile Development.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable professional experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a professional systems engineering environment preferably Linux.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux server and desktop environments
- Programming experience with at least one of Python, Bash, Pearl and Ruby.
Studios is currently in search of a Executive Producer to join its Production
The ideal candidate has a strong history of launching and/or overseeing the production and post-production aspects of Features and Commercial jobs.
The position entails partnering with and executing on the vision as set by Clients and Creative Directors on new productions.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Act as company representative to clients, agencies, vendors, production companies and strategic partners.
· Working and coordinating with (and possible management of) existing internal and external sales and marketing personnel.
· Creating appropriate and accurate bids (working with creative teams) with an emphasis on creativity to meet budgetary constraints of clients.
· Closing deals with clients and executing negotiation for production agreements.
· Partner with lead producers and creatives to ensure and be accountable for a creative, efficient, world-class client experience, from the bid process through to final delivery of each project.
· Maintain an active awareness of current trends in commercial/design work, and possess the drive to push beyond them.
· Maintain an active awareness of client/agency accounts, specifically in regard to account reviews and accounts won both locally and nationally.
· Partnering and maintaining strategic relationships with outside production companies.
· minimum 6 years’ experience in Film/Commercial VFX production
· Bachelor's degree in a directly related field, or equivalent experience
· superior client interaction skills
· an existing rolodex of potential agency and production company clients
· knowledge of the specific market, demographics, and competition
· knowledge of accounting related to budget preparation and maintenance
· ability to initiate and maintain effective professional relationships internally and externally
· ability to work in a team environment
· ability to travel both in the U.S. and abroad
· possesses critical-thinking, negotiating, and logical reasoning skills, especially under pressure
Method Studios is currently in search of a Senior Houdini FX Artist to join the 3D animation team.
The senior-level Houdini FX artist will design and animate high quality, photo-real effects (dust, fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the assigned project.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated team player who is looking to advance his/her career in Feature and Commercial VFX.
Responsibilities and Duties
- working within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
- integrating created elements into scenes with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc.
- working closely with Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline
- producing look-tests based on provided reference materials
- minimum 5 years proficiency in using Houdini
- bachelor's degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts, or equivalent production experience
- decent experience using Nuke
- knowledge of any and/or all of the following:
- rigid body and particle dynamics
- volume modeling and rendering
- procedural geometry generation
- fluid dynamics
- strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- experience with one or more other professional software packages, such as Maya, a plus
- proficiency in shading and rendering techniques, ideally both Mantra and Renderman
- scripting proficiency using Python, a plus
- strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
- good communication skills and able to take exact direction from show leads and FX TDs
Deluxe Media Creative Services' Method Studios is looking for a Creative focused VFX Recruiter to join its rapid expanding Advertising and Feature Post VFX division in New York.
Duties and Requirements:
- Previous working experience in the Post Production VFX or Game industry. Feature, Episodic or Commercial experience is highly desired.
- Previous recruiting experience as a Scheduler, Recruiting Coordinator is highly desired. VFX artist background is a bonus.
- solid understanding of 3d/2d VFX workflow (ingest/plates, previs, animation, rigging, modeling, lighting, look dev, dynamics, compositing, conform, finishing, to delivery).
- Understanding of fundamental difference between various working platforms such as Maya, Nuke, Smoke, Flame, Houdini, 3dsmax, Krakatoa, Avid, Premier, Baselight, DaVinci Resolve.
- Experience looking at various demo reels for different discipline and skill sets.
- Roll calls
- Maintain a positive customer relationship through both written and verbal communication as well as high levels of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to effectively handle multiple projects and reporting to multiple project managers.
- Very strong ability identifying clear priorities and meeting department goals.
- The ability to work overtime is necessary.
- Strong client interaction skills with excellent customer service experience with internal and external clients.
- Responsible for all reference checks, offer letters and verbal offers to candidates.
- Help ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / diversity policies.
- Serve as a communication liaison for those individuals involved in the hiring process.
- Utilize a recruiting database for the sourcing and tracking of candidates.
- 3+ years of working experience as a Scheduler, Recruiting Coordinator, or 2d/3d Artist.
For general recruitment enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bear in mind that due the number of applications we receive, you will only hear back from us regarding suitable applications to open positions.