DescriptionReporting to the Head of Production, the VFX Producer is responsible for facilitating the bidding process and the management of information flow for VFX projects. Attending client meetings, breaking down scripts, preparing bids, taking client requests, recording client notes, generating schedules, invoices and work orders are all part of the daily responsibilities of the VFX Producer.
The VFX Producer will also be called upon to assist in setting up and maintaining systems for in-house information flow and retrieval, and project management, in concert with the Supervising Producer. The VFX producer should always be looking for ways to streamline and improve communication and information flow as it pertains to VFX projects.
addition, the VFX Producer serves as a key front-line representative of the
company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client
interaction requires a highly professional demeanour and diplomacy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the VFX Supervisor and production management team to formulate project bids and breakdowns
- Creating and maintaining the overall production schedule and project databases
- Managing the client relationship and expectations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Overseeing production coordinators to ensure the accurate production tracking of all shots through the pipeline to completion and client delivery
- Managing the day-to-day resource requirements of the team and project, reporting to the Supervising Producer on all resource needs
- Overseeing all client deliverables, and ensuring milestones are met successfully
- Producing internal progress and external client reports
- Monitoring the team’s performance and maximizing their creative potential
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a VFX Producer on live action feature film projects in an established VFX facility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A thorough understanding of VFX and post-production processes and pipelines is essential
- Excellent people-management, communication and organizational skills, as well as an exceptional eye for detail
- Capable of motivating and leading team with enthusiasm and clarity
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Filemaker Pro
- Experience using Shotgun or similar production management software essential
This is a full-time contract position requiring periodic overtime.