Method Studios is currently in search of a Senior Rigger to join its 3D team of rigging artists.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Creating and developing fast elegant character rigs using Maya and proprietary tools.
- Working with modeling and animation departments to facilitate articulate realistic appealing characters.
- Integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline
- Creating User Interfaces and tools to assist animators.
- Working in partnership with R&D programmers, Animators, and Lighting TDs to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
- Providing support to character rigs throughout production.
- Developing long-term strategies to automate character production.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production
- Solid knowledge of rigging systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
- Provide reel demonstrating both control systems and complex deformations
- Solid time and project management skills
- Accessibility and willingness to collaborate is a must.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, structure, dynamics and character motion
- Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
- MEL and Python programming essential
- Maya API C++ programming also a plus