The Sr. Post Engineer has a solid track record working in the technical and workflow environment of a post production facility in a complex 24/7 environment. Organized, technically sound and credible, the Encore Engineer is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented engineer who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
The Sr. Post Engineer demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, has a strong background in post production workflows, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others. Most importantly, the Engineer is responsive and has a propensity to get things done.
The Sr. Post Engineer installs and maintains all Encore video and audio-based equipment, systems and software. Responsibilities include helping the Operations staff by setting up and explaining the proper procedures for current and future equipment and systems and assisting them in identifying areas where improvements can be made.
The Sr. Post Engineer works to ensure continual smooth operations of our technical systems in a rapidly changing production environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, construction and installation of all technical systems
- Learn the basic operations of all equipment (in general) and acts a knowledge resource on select systems
- Train operators on new software, workflows and procedures where applicable
- Work with the Encore Engineering team
- Analyze and repair equipment and system faults in a timely fashion
- Minimize loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision
- Perform routine maintenance and updates on all systems
- Integrate new technology into the facility
- Perform calibration on facility and client monitors and displays as required.
- Keep abreast of constant changes in technology by investigating new systems, techniques and equipment
- Maintain and updates facility technical drawings, databases and SOPs
- Interpret and implement instructions and requests from clients and other colleagues
- Propose ways to help improve systems and operating practices
- Communicate effectively with team members and other departments
- Is available to be on call as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5+ years experience within a production, Post Production, animation or VFX environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a project management or technical operations experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, under pressure
- Undergraduate degree / diploma in a related technology discipline
- Familiarity with common applications used by Post, Encore and VFX. Examples Resolve, Avid, EXD/OSD etc.
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows and Mac OS in an enterprise environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and decision-making abilities
- Adept at anticipating emerging issues then implementing tactics to address them
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to adapt efficiently and effectively to a demanding and changing work environment managing flexible hours, multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines
About EncoreSituated in beautiful Vancouver, Encore offers file-based post production services,
including HDR mastering, 4K/8K workflows and in-facility and near-set dailies, along with
high calibre visual effects. As the jewel in the Deluxe crown, we work closely with our
studio partners to ensure a top-level experience across locations.
Encore specializes in delivering customized, quality services for episodic and long form
television, feature films, and commercials. Armed with a powerful technical infrastructure
and production-proven expertise, our talented creative teams deliver top tier colour,
editing, dailies and VFX for deadline-driven projects, while remaining agile enough to
anticipate and respond to the evolving needs of our studio partners.
An entertainment industry leader since 1985, we’ve deftly navigated major technology
transitions within post production to emerge as a pioneer in file-based workflows, high
resolution pipeline development, and HDR.