Method Studios is currently in search of a Rig Developer TD with a focus in animation and character technology to join the Rigging team.Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and develop scripts and plugins for the Rigging department.
- R&D new deformation approaches, advanced methods to create rigs, and enhance existing Maya toolsets using python and Maya API.
- Must have good tools design logic. Keep things as simple as possible while creating complex projects.
- Experience working with FACS based facial rigging system is a plus.
- Work in partnership with the Rigging team to come up with advanced but technically sound solutions to enhance our character technology and creation processes.
- Preferable a minimum 3 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production.
- Strong programming skills. Must know Python and C++ very well. Experience with MEL is helpful.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Maya API and creating plugins.
- Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D.
- Strong Maya production experience a big plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and grow further.
- Must be a self starter. Solid time and project management skills.
- Must be willing to take direction well, a good team player, and have good work ethics.