Reporting to the Technology Resource Manager and Technical Operations Manager, the Render Technician will be responsible for render farm management. This role offers excellent opportunities for the right individual to acquire a broad-based knowledge of Visual Effects procedures within a production environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate with productions to efficiently monitor and manage the render farm processes and priorities
- Quickly solve any rendering issues, ensuring all 2D and 3D rendering jobs are completed on schedule.
- Identify bottlenecks and help develop improved rendering efficiencies
- Facilitate transferring data between facilities
- Shift work. Some graveyards will be required.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting, and Python
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to record information accurately and produce reports
- Must be able to take instructions and work as part of a team, with the capacity to work with minimal supervision when required
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software packages (eg. Maya, Houdini, Nuke)
- Ability to learn new software quickly, and learn on the job
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines. Respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline