Method pipeline leads help shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The TD Pipeline Lead has purview over everything within the TD realm. This includes:
- Show TDs
- Lead all TDs, check in with each TD on-site daily.
- Meet with Show leadership to identify issues and discuss priorities.
- Meet with Head of Software and Project Manager for site to prioritize and schedule TD support and development tasks.
- Run regular "stand-up" meetings with TDs for active development projects to confirm expected progress and identify issues.
- Work with developers to standardize central libraries.
- Ensure TD contribute to the code base according to software practices agreed at the company level.
- Guide other TDs in building and implementing software.
- Get involved in code reviews and process pull requests.
- Provide point-of-contact from show pipeline support.
- Work with developers to setup demos and communicate updates, new tools, and bugs to all of production.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in VFX.
- 5+ years of Python experience.
- Experience working directly with production teams.
- Experience with VFX applications (Maya, Nuke, Houdini, RV...)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Warm, welcoming personality.
- Familiarity with render farm software.
- Experience leading development teams.
- Expertise in C++ and shell scripting.