Method pipeline developers help shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The 3D Front End Pipeline Developer designs and develops tools for production artists in the following disciplines:
- Tracking / Matchmoving
- Technical Animation
- Hair Groom and Simulation
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the team to design and implement projects withing the 3D Back End area of the pipeline.
- Meet with FX, Lighting and Lookdev department artists to identify and resolve issues.
- Communicate with the 3D Back End lead to discuss progress and priorities.
- Attend regular "stand-up" meetings with developers for active development projects.
- Work with developers to standardize central libraries.
- Get involved in code reviews and process pull requests.
- Provide point-of-contact from show pipeline support about 3D Back End pipeline.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in VFX development.
- 2+ years of Python experience.
- Experience with Autodesk Maya, SideFX Houdini and other digital content creation software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Warm, welcoming personality and a passion for film and VFX.
- Experience working directly with production teams.
- Familiarity with other VFX applications (Nuke, RV, Flame, Avid, Shotgun).
- Familiarity with render farm software.
- Experience developing in C++ and shell scripting.
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Arts, Motion Graphics, Design, Computer Science, etc. or equivalent work experience