Working with the Lead Modeller or the CG Supervisor on a project, the Modeller will create accurate and efficient models in the assigned timeframe as outlined by the Supervisor. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create models (characters, sets and props) as assigned by the Modelling Lead or Supervisor.
- Complete assigned modeling tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure all working files are efficiently organized.
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring models created are accurate and effective.
- Fully comprehend the requirements on the designs thereby creating models true to their designs.
- Create and modify models by following the creative direction of the production.
- Interact with production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism
- Report technical problems and potential problems to Supervisors in a timely fashion.
- 2+ years Modelling experience
- Knowledge of Zbrush or Mudbox
- Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation
- Knowledge of one or more high-end 3D software packages such as Maya or Houdini
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, and Mari
- Good knowledge of polygonal and patch geometry modeling.
- Good knowledge of material, texturing
- Good knowledge of skeleton and rigging setup
- Good knowledge of basic expression setup
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of keyframe animation an asset
- Excellent team player
- Excellent file management skills
- Good communication skills
This is a full-time contract position requiring periodic overtime.