Situated in beautiful Vancouver, Encore offers file-based post production services, including HDR mastering, 4K/8K workflows and in-facility and near-set dailies, along with high calibre visual effects. As the jewel in the Deluxe crown, we work closely with our studio partners to ensure a top-level experience across locations. Encore specializes in delivering customized, quality services for episodic and long form television, feature films, and commercials. Armed with a powerful technical infrastructure and production-proven expertise, our talented creative teams deliver top tier colour, editing, dailies and VFX for deadline-driven projects, while remaining agile enough to anticipate and respond to the evolving needs of our studio partners. An entertainment industry leader since 1985, we’ve deftly navigated major technology transitions within post production to emerge as a pioneer in file-based workflows, high resolution pipeline development, and HDR. Encore is part of the Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.An exciting opportunity awaits technically motivated individuals. If you love the media and entertainment industry and are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a fast-paced, leading edge studio, then read on.
The IO Operator demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working in a fast-paced and busy Post Production facility, the IO Operator is responsible for ingest, management, archiving and delivery of all types of media for productions.
- Key Responsibilities
- Support: IN/OUT traffic of all data, archive management, storage allocation and debayering activity of projects.
- Team Support: Consult and troubleshoot tasks for production teams related to MetaTrack development, file transfers internally/externally and managing storage allocation/capacity.
- Quality Control: Maintain outstanding levels of oversight of deliverables.
Quality Assurance: Detail oriented with applications,
equipment settings and creating new media. Thorough checking of all work for
errors before content is distributed downstream.
- Data Support: Proficient with Unix/Linux shell commands, knowledge of LTO tape archiving protocols; such as Tar, Bru and LTFS. Understanding of multiple server networks, Aspera/Faspex console and skills with various flavors of file movement protocols.
- Content Security: Uphold stringent ‘No Tolerance’ security protocols in accordance with company and customer policies.
- Excellent customer service skills
Strong ability to work in a team
- High competency with Mac OSX, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Competency with current software used in the film/TV industry – i.e. Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, FCP, Adobe Premiere
Ability to troubleshoot problems
Demonstrated competence and understanding
of video standards, file formats and technical
Able to discern small details with eyes
Ability to remain focused for extended
periods of time on detail-oriented tasks
- Previous experience working in dailies or IO and experience using Colorfront EXD/OSD software, LTO backup systems, and storage management systems are definite advantages.
Flexibility to different shifts is required
This is an entry level position requiring rotating shift work including night and graveyard shifts. Overtime may be required.