The Method Pipeline Team helps shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The Core Pipeline side focuses on the foundation of the system, overseeing the architecture and development of underlying software libraries and in-house applications. These include tools for asset management, software packaging, production tracking, render farm management, intersite collaboration, and much more. Core developers should be versatile and able to tackle new problems throughout the post-production pipeline as we push new technology forward
- Collaborate with other developers to propose, design, and implement projects.
- Become familiar and reuse central libraries whenever possible.
- Conform all code to Method coding standards and conventions.
- Document all code written on the wiki.
- Maintain core libraries and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate with Project Manager to assess difficulty of tasks and projects.
- Work closely with project leads and Project Manager to prioritize and schedule tasks.
- Communicate any roadblocks and barriers to the Project Manager.
- Deploy core libraries to all Method locations globally.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Suggest improvements to any areas of the company to pipeline leadership.
- Be open to feedback from other developers.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in C/C++, Python, and shell scripting.
- Experience with one or more database systems such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Linux systems configuration and experience developing on Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with revision control systems and collaborative development.
- 2 years experience working with visual effects post-production pipelines.
- Familiarity with computer graphics applications (e.g. Maya, Nuke, Houdini) and render farm software.
- Familiarity with message queues.
- Familiarity with web frameworks like Flask and Pyramid.