We are looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join our team as Assistant Technical Directors (ATD’s) and eventually proceed into full TD or development positions within the company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with production teams, artists, and supervisors to gather information.
- Diagnose technical issues and address them directly or escalate to the pipeline team.
- Debug problematic scenes in Maya, Houdini, Nuke, and other packages.
- Validate issues of artists and clearly express technical issues that come from artists in a way that is reproducible.
- Develop scripts to optimize various tasks for production.
- Monitor bug reports filed by production.
- Programming experience, preferably in Python, PyQt, C++.
- BS, BA or Master's Degree, ideally in a technical field.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in our core applications: Maya, Houdini, Nuke.
- Experience with database programming, either relational or NoSQL.
- Familiarity with Unix operating systems.
- High level of technical aptitude.