Hollywood, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies. We offer complete film and digital solutions for production, post-production, major studio and independent theatrical release, broadcast, home entertainment, archiving and asset management. Deluxe operates facilities in major film, video and digital production markets around the world.
Method Studios is an international visual effects company, with recent credits including:
Ant-Man, San Andreas, and The Hateful Eight. We are looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join out team as Assistant Technical Directors (ATD’s) and eventually proceed into full TD or development positions within the company.
Some of the duties as an Assistant Technical Director:
- Work closely with production teams, artists, and supervisors to gather information.
- Diagnose technical issues and address them directly or escalate to the pipeline team.
- Debug problematic scenes in Maya, Houdini, Nuke, and other packages.
- Validate issues of artists and clearly express technical issues that come from artists in a way that is reproducible.
- Develop scripts to optimize various tasks for production.
- Monitor bug reports filed by production.
- Programming experience, preferably in Python, C++, MEL, Java.
- BS, BA or Masters Degree, ideally in a technical field.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in our core applications: Maya, Houdini, Nuke.
- Experience with database programming, either relational or NoSQL.
- Familiarity with Unix operating systems.
- High level of technical aptitude.
- Python: 1 year